120km north of Cordoba (Córdoba, Argentina)
A small family run estancia in the Ongamira valley that has been owned by the family for several generations. The property is 500 hectares with cattle, poultry a wonderful orchard and vegetable garden. The house is comfortable with many original furnishings, antique furniture and much history. The sitting room is lovely and cosy, with an open fireplace, and the dining room is in part of the Chapel of St Joseph, built in 1597 by the Spaniards as part of the effort to colonise the Indian tribes of the region. It has been beautifully restored and has a warm friendly atmosphere. The pool is 80 years old.
Riding, walking, visits to nearby Jesuit Estancias. Golf and Trout fishing can also be organised nearby.
7 comfortable rooms all with a private bathroom. The premier rooms, which are spacious with original furnishings and antique furniture, are recommended. The standard rooms are smaller and darker.