We are very proud to have been appointed as the specialist tour operator to run Oxford and Cambridge University’s scholar-led group tours in Latin America. Open to all alumni of either university, or those with a close connection, each of these small group trips (maximum 20 participants) has a theme that reflects the knowledge and expertise of the chosen trip scholar.
The following trips are available (prices, availability, and conditions available on request: firstname.lastname@example.org):
Argentina, 5-16 December 2020
Total solar eclipse tour (Patagonia), with Professor Roger Davies - fully booked*
This tour includes Buenos Aires, Patagonia, the Lake District, and culminates with the 14 December 2020 total solar eclipse.
*we can still arrange private trips to the eclipse area, but not as part of the escorted alumni group which is full
Peru, 2-14 May 2021 (rescheduled from 2020)
Wildlife of Peru, with Professor Nick Davies - bookings open
A fascinating introduction to the wonders of Peru's fauna, from Andes to Amazon.
Brazil and Argentina, 24 August-3 September 2021
Botanical wonders of Brazil and Argentina, with Professor Stephen Harris - bookings open
Join Professor Stephen Harris, curator of Britain’s oldest plant collection and frequent visitor to Brazil, in an exploration of New World botanic specimens.
Argentina, 12-22 October 2021
Dinosaurs of Argentina, with Professor Paul Barrett - bookings open
Join the Natural History Museum’s senior dinosaur specialist, in Patagonia and San Juan (north-west Argentina).
Chile, 28 June-9 July 2019
“Total Solar Eclipse”, led by Professor Roger Davies
- “A really memorable 3 weeks with highlights coming at us thick and fast”
- “Thanks everyone - it was a lot of fun”
- “the tour was very well organised, the drivers and guides were brilliant, especially the driver on negotiating those narrow streets in Vicuna! And what can I say about Torres del Paine - the hotel was excellent, the food superb, and the scenery was breath-taking!”
Colombia, 10-23 November 2018
“Diversity and Civilisation”, led by Dr Alexander Herrera
- “Thank you for a superb trip and exceptional organisation!”
- “Alex Herrera was a fount of knowledge, archaeological, historical, political and cultural, and extremely helpful to everyone.”
- “The trip was well conceived, and executed by Lizzie and Alex with aplomb.”
Peru, 6-18 April 2018
“Inhabiting the Andes”, led by Dr Nicholas James.
- “We had a brilliant trip - enjoyed it immensely. Nicholas was great - funny, engaging and very knowledgeable.”
- “A wonderful introduction to South America.”