We are very proud to have been appointed as the specialist tour operator to run Oxford and Cambridge University’s scholar-led group tours in Latin America. Open to all alumni of either university, or those with a close connection, each of these small group trips has a theme that reflects the knowledge and expertise of the chosen trip scholar.
The following trips are available (prices, availability, and conditions available on request: email@example.com):
Wildlife of Peru, 2-14 May 2021 (rescheduled from 2020)
A fascinating introduction to the wonders of Peru's fauna, from Andes to Amazon, with Professor Nick Davies.
See www.lastfrontiers.com/itineraries/wildlife-of-peru-2020 - bookings open
Botanical wonders of Brazil and Argentina, 24 August-3 September 2021
Join Professor Stephen Harris, curator of Britain’s oldest plant collection and frequent visitor to Brazil, in an exploration of New World botanic specimens.
See www.lastfrontiers.com/itineraries/brazil-argentina-2021-botany - bookings open
Argentina: Astronomy & Wine, 26 November-8 December 2021
Explore the steppes and sparkling lakes of Welsh Patagonia, tour vineyards near Mendoza, and visit observatories in El Leoncito National Park and in historic La Plata accompanied by Professor Roger Davies.
See www.lastfrontiers.com/itineraries/argentina-2021-astronomy-and-wine - bookings open
Dinosaurs of Argentina, 4-14 October 2022
Join Professor Paul Barrett, the Natural History Museum’s senior dinosaur specialist, in Patagonia and San Juan (north-west Argentina).
See www.lastfrontiers.com/itineraries/dinosaurs-of-argentina - bookings open
Chile, 28 June-9 July 2019
“Total Solar Eclipse”, led by Professor Roger Davies
- “A really memorable 3 weeks with highlights coming at us thick and fast”
- “Thanks everyone - it was a lot of fun”
- “the tour was very well organised, the drivers and guides were brilliant, especially the driver on negotiating those narrow streets in Vicuna! And what can I say about Torres del Paine - the hotel was excellent, the food superb, and the scenery was breath-taking!”
Colombia, 10-23 November 2018
“Diversity and Civilisation”, led by Dr Alexander Herrera
- “Thank you for a superb trip and exceptional organisation!”
- “Alex Herrera was a fount of knowledge, archaeological, historical, political and cultural, and extremely helpful to everyone.”
- “The trip was well conceived, and executed by Lizzie and Alex with aplomb.”
Peru, 6-18 April 2018
“Inhabiting the Andes”, led by Dr Nicholas James.
- “We had a brilliant trip - enjoyed it immensely. Nicholas was great - funny, engaging and very knowledgeable.”
- “A wonderful introduction to South America.”