Here is a selection of books we recommend relating to Mexico:
The Mango Orchard - Robin Bayley
This charming and personal account of Robin's quest to find unknown family in Mexico paints a vivid picture of his travels though Latin America, as he retraces his great-grandfather's steps from Lancashire to a remote western village in north west Mexico. A tear is brought to the eye as Robin happily finds a whole village of relatives eager to welcome him into their lives and the fact that he finds love in Guatemala along the way only adds to the romance of the story.
Some other books worth looking out for are:
- South American Handbook or Mexico Handbook, Footprints Travel Guides
- Lost Cowboys - Hank Wangford: Victor Gollancz publication. Fascinating and amusingly-written search for the original cowboys from Argentina, through Chile and Venezuela, to Mexico and the Alamo.
- Like water for chocolate - Laura Esquivel: A beautiful tale of food, scandal and love with a touch of magic! A classic Mexican novel.
- Time Among the Maya - R Wright: A contemporary account of travel in the region.
- Yucatan and Mayan Mexico - Cadogan: Author Nick Rider provides an accessible, detailed and of course fascinating overview of this Maya region of Mexico.