breathtaking wildlife, untouched nature and stunning beaches; sailing the enchanted islands
A live-aboard trip is the classic way to visit the Galapagos islands. All boats follow specific itineraries of varying lengths and stop for visits on different islands.
To enquire about this itinerary, or one like it, please email us or click the Enquire button.
The Galapagos Islands
Arrival day: Fly from either Quito or Guayaquil to the Galapagos (boats sail from either Baltra or San Cristóbal islands, both of which have airports). Met on arrival and driven to the relevant harbour to board, generally in time for lunch.
Intervening days: During all island cruises experienced naturalist guides lead daily excursions to one or more of the approved visitor sites. These can either be land-based or in an inflatable (known locally as a 'panga'). There will also be snorkelling opportunities, and in the evening naturalist presentations are given on board. Many boats also carry kayaks that can be used at certain sites permitted by the National Park. See the itineraries on individual boat pages for specific details.
Final day: After an early morning excursion and breakfast, disembark and fly back to Ecuador (Guayaquil or Quito).
The unique wildlife and geology of the Galapagos can be further appreciated by a stay on one of the inhabited islands. A land-based stay also offers the chance to do some diving.
In the following section you will see our suggested options for possible accommodation.
Top end - $6-7,500 per week
- Evolution - a classic small ship for 36 passengers.
- Grace - carries 18 passengers and was a wedding gift to Princess Grace of Monaco.
- Isabela II - a deluxe passenger ship for up to 40 passengers.
- La Pinta - a comfortable cruise ship for up to 48 passengers.
- Origin - a luxury motor yacht with modern interiors and a sun deck with Jacuzzi.
- Passion - an elegant 159 foot motor yacht for 12 passengers.
Mid range - from $3,700 per week
Good value - from $2,900 per week
- Samba - a charming small motor yacht for up to 14 passengers.