Trekking on holiday in Latin America
If you have the time and inclination, walking can be the highlight of any holiday: time to appreciate the extraordinary landscapes and wildlife; to meet and speak to local people; and to savour the sunset as the evening draws in. There is stunning hiking throughout Latin America, from the icefields of southern Chile and Argentina right up through the Andes to the ‘Lost City’ on Colombia’s Caribbean coast. Less wellknown are Brazil’s tabletop mountains (such as the Chapada Diamantina), while in Mexico highlights include the forested hills near Oaxaca or, further west, the dramatic Copper Canyon.
Depends on country.
“Thank you for a wonderful trip, the Mountain Lodges of Peru trek was one of the best things we have ever done. We look forward to discovering more hidden corners of Latin Amercia with Last Frontiers in the future." - JW
To enquire about this activity, or one like it, please email us at email@example.com, and one of our specialists will get back to you within 48 hours.
Here are some sample itineraries that feature walking:
- Brazil - Santa Catarina adventure
View details. This 15 day itinerary visits Iguassu, Aparados da Sierra National Park, Florianopolis.
- Chile - Independent Walking in Torres del Paine
View details. This 8 day itinerary visits Punta Arenas, Puerto Natales, Torres del Paine.
- Chile/Argentina: Puelo Valley Andean crossing ride
View details. This 8 day itinerary visits Chilean and Argentine Lake Districts and Isla Bandurrias.
- El Chepe Train, Copper Canyon and Mexico City highlights
View details. This 11 day itinerary visits Pacifico - Chihuahua railway, highlands and lowlands of the Copper Canyon and Mexico City highlights.
- El Salvador - a close encounter with nature, history and coffee
View details. This 10 day itinerary visits San Salvador, Suchitoto, El Imposible National Park, coffee region .
- Falkland Islands - one week island-hopping
View details. This 7 day itinerary visits The Falkland Islands.
- Falkland Islands in depth and the mountains of the Cajon de Maipo
View details. This 19 day itinerary visits Cajon de Maipo, Santiago, Falkland Islands.
- Mexico - Kayaks, Whales and Hiking
View details. This 17 day itinerary visits Sea of Cortés, La Paz, Magdalena Bay, Copper Canyon, Creel, Chihuahua.
- Mountain Lodges of Peru Salkantay Lodge trek
View details. This 7 day itinerary visits Cusco, Mollepata, Salkantay and Machu Picchu.
- Peru - Chachapoyas, Kuelap, Cochabamba and Cajamarca
View details. This 10 day itinerary visits Chachapoyas, Gocta waterfall, Karajia and Kuelap, Cochabamba and Cajamarca.
- Peru - Mountain Biking, Rafting, the Inca Trail and Amazon
View details. This 14 day itinerary visits Cusco, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu and the Amazon.