What we look for
Opportunities do sometimes arise for those who share our passion for Latin America to join our small and friendly team. Here are some of the things we generally look for:
- First hand knowledge of Latin America (ideally several countries) - all of our sales team have opportunities to travel (we love those one-night stays and late night hotel inspections..)
- A self starter: we’re a small team and do get distracted by the day job so you’ll sometimes need patience and understanding while we try to support you
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail are essential, but above all you’ll need a willingness to learn
- At ease with technology, yet respectful of tradition (in other words, can you write a letter either on a keyboard via email, or even using a pen)
- We do want to know how you did in GCSE English and Maths! Excellent written English and a friendly telephone manner are essential, as is a head for numbers. The itineraries we put together are complex and usually require jigsaw-solving skills.
- Spanish, Portuguese, Guaraní, Quechua.. can be useful but are not essential
- Travel trade experience can be a plus, as long as you are not too set in your ways and are willing to spend some time learning our quirky systems
- A driving licence (the public transport links to our Waddesdon office are improving but are probably too sporadic to rely on)
- We love to know about your hobbies (CV’s can be so dull)
If you feel that you might fit in, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter telling us a bit about you, details of any Latin American travels, and any relevant experience.